Stef started his career in 1998 in the international corporate tax practice of Ernst & Young The Hague. In 2000, Stef joined Rob in the transfer to Deloitte Rotterdam to form the international tax compliance practice.
During his career at Deloitte, Stef further specialized in tax reporting and managing complex fiscal unity corporate income tax returns of (multi)national companies.
In July 2007, Stef incorporated together with Rob Koster Advance Tax Compliance. Stef is/ has been, amongst others, responsible for:
- interim services as Tax Compliance Officer at Koninklijke KPN N.V.;
- interim services in the field of corporate tax compliance for Rabobank Nederland;
- part of the team developing a global automated tax reporting/ provisioning tool at Shell;
- part of the team responsible for the migration of direct and indirect tax processes to various Shared Service Centers at Shell;
- development and implementation of made to measure end-to-end business control frameworks;
- development of the technology platform of Advance Tax Solutions;
- Global Tax Reporting Solution developed by Advance Tax Solutions;
- implementation of the ThomsonReuters ONESOURCE solutions;
- design and implementation of global compliance management solutions;
- development, design and implementation of a flexible, enterprise specific Country-by-Country reporting and analysis solution;
- development, design and implementation of an enterprise specific Global Cash Tax Forecasting solution;
- development, design and implementation of an enterprise specific Global Loss Forecasting solution;
- analysis, reclaim and process improvement of the global withholding tax processes of multinationals.