Johnny Spil has started his career at Astrium Accountants in 2010 as assistant accountant. During this period, Johnny performed interim and year end audits and he applied principles of accounting standards to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by compiling data and utilizing appropriate accounting control procedures.
After an internship at the Tax Compliance department of EY, Johnny joined the Tax Reporting and Strategy department of PwC in 2012. During the period at PwC, Johnny specialized in Tax Accounting (Dutch GAAP, US GAAP and IFRS) and Tax Compliance. He was responsible for the preparation of current and deferred tax computations and notes for IFRS/Statutory Accounts purposes (from private companies to listed companies) with audit teams (Audit of Tax). Furthermore he was responsible for the preparation of corporate income tax returns (stand alone and fiscal unities) of international clients with a main focus of US/UK based headquarters.
In 2017, Johnny joined Advance Tax Compliance to strengthen the team. Johnny is, amongst others, responsible for:
- The preparation of complex (fiscal unity) corporate income tax returns of various international operating clients;
- Global Tax Reporting Services for international operating clients;
- Development of the tax technology platform of Advance Tax Solutions;
- Design and implementation of Global Compliance Management Solutions;
- Implementation of the Thomson Reuters ONESOURCE solutions;
- Global Tax Reporting Solution developed by Advance Tax Solutions;
- Development, design and implementation of a flexible, enterprise specific Country-by-Country-reporting and analysis solution;
- NL support activities / new realease testing / development and training for Thomson Reuters Direct Tax Compliance products (e.g. ONESOURCE Corporate Tax Netherlands).